To create a world is a tricky thing, even for professionals. Most times we don’t always know how realistic a cultural practice could be or the proper direction water should flow along a river. I will provide my services to help you draw out your world, people groups, and places. I will help you devise your magic or scientific element unique only to your world to enforce your plot rather than hinder it.
A list of things I will help you with include:
- Determining your world’s origins (be by creator, evolution, or otherwise).
- Physical description of environment (and their reactions to it)
- Nations, cultures, traditions of people groups.
- Development of religion, history, and faiths.
- Flora and Fauna
- Magic systems / Unique supernatural elements
Below are the standard rates I charge as a world builder consultant (prices are negotiable).
- Preliminary Talk – Equal to handing me the first five pages of a manuscript. You’ll share with me things about your world and what you’d hope to get out of help from me. I can give general advice on things I’m noticing and simple suggestions for improvement.
- Hourly: Live conversations (via skype or otherwise) and consulting will be charged at $8 to $11 an hour. This will also include cost of independent research and discussion. This service will be more detailed in analysis on both the physical layout of your world, the cultural structures, and the magical elements you wish to convey.
- By Page: Can also edit the notes provided instead at $3.50 a page. This will include looking through the notes and providing feedback and questions as I would for a Content Edit.
I’ve been immersed in world-building for years, from the backyard playing with sticks as swords in the backyard to developing inventive worlds in my writing today. I’ve worked with several of my fellow writers to draw out their worlds from figuring out how their worlds came to be to d helping them learn what aspects stand out most in those worlds.
In addition, while at Taylor University, I took courses in cultural anthropology, world politics, forensic science, astronomy, and animal biology—all of which influenced the way I see world building and have impacted the way I help others do the same.
For preliminary consulting, please contact me at BbranscWri@outlook.com